London Letters Club: Our New Project
We're thrilled to launch a project that we've been working on here for some months: London Letters Club. We want to help revive the art of hand-written correspondence in a small way and create a community of letter-writers. Whether you're already a letter-writing lover or like the idea of it but can never seem to find the time, come and join us. Our aim is that it's informal and inclusive, and something that you can dip in and out of as time permits.
You can get involved in a number of ways:
- Let us find you a writing partner. You don't have to be London-based! We'll gather a list of people interested in being connected, and we'll put you in touch. Let us know if you're happy to be paired with more than one person and if you're happy to be paired with someone internationally. Through your letter-writing you'll be invited into someone's world, and you'll be inviting them into yours - we hope that you'll benefit in all kind of unexpected ways. If responses fizzle out, tell us and we'll re-pair you if we can. Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Come to a bi-monthly event. We know how hard it is to find time to write, so our letter-writing evenings are designed to help you dedicate time to catch up on your correspondence, meet new people and enjoy spending a thoughtful and considered few . Use this time to write some snail mail for any reason - it could be a note of encouragement, a letter of protest, or a simple hello to make someone's day. We'll sort the wine, snacks and make some writing supplies available. The events are bookable for up to 12 people, and will be free for members or £6 for non-members (see more info below)
- Follow this little project on Instagram @LondonLettersClub, where we'll be posting about all things lovely and letters-related.
- Join in as a member for a one-off £25. Sign up now and you'll receive a welcome pack that includes your own monogrammed stationery set to get you started, plus FREE & priority access to our letter-writing social events. We're starting small, so membership will only be available to 50 people. Become a member HERE>
- As a non-member you can still join our letter-writing social events, and we'll help you find a writing partner. Stay tuned about upcoming events via our newsletter (see link at the bottom of this website).
Save the date! Our first social club will be 6.30-8.30pm on Wednesday 26th April 2017 at our studio/shop at 37 Amwell Street, London EC1R 1UR. More details coming soon.